Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Free Recyclable Personal Organizer

I'm not always the most organized person. I make lists and set goals like the rest of us, but sometimes those lists get lost, just like my keys are right now. I know they're around here somewhere but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Being the computer dork that I am I've owned a palm and a Sony PDA, but the batteries die, the little pen-thing disappears, and, really, tetris is better on the Gameboy anyway.

Sure, sure, day timers exist but they're bulky and suck to carry around. I've seen people who use them effectively, but I've never actually been that person. Who wants to bother with some ring-binder pile of crap anyway when you can never find one with the right blend of calendar/notespace/addresses.

Enter the PocketMod. I found out about this via hackcollege and it's super handy when paired with the paperless wonder that is Google calendar. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks now but I've noticed the difference in my work and home life already.

I don't subscribe to any concrete organizational strategy, but I do subscribe to unlimited text messages. So I've registered my mobile with Google, I text important stuff into my calendar from wherever I am, and I make notes and copy deadlines and addresses into my pocketmod.

It is an ever-so-dope solution.

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. :)

Mike Boronowski said...

Thanks Kelly. It's a good club.

Mike Boronowski said...

Although apparently I totally missed noticing that my text messages weren't actually going to the calendar.