Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Caryn Drexl Photography

I love finding photographers that I can recognize by their work. It's harder than you'd think, and usually when I do find one they are already so well established that their prints are priced right out of my reach. But not today!

The other day I wandered past a colleague's office and she had some amazing photos up on her laptop. They turned out to be the work of Caryn Drexl.

Her work has a spooky element and is technically solid. What really impressed me was regardless of subject matter her works seems to fit together somehow. She's developing a style or a visual language, and that's one of the hardest things to do as a photographer. Almost anyone can learn the nuts and bolts of exposure and depth of field, but one of the things that elevates these copies of life to artwork is the photographer's ability to communicate with a distinct visual language.

Anyway, head on over and have a look. Great prints for under fifty blades - you can't go wrong.

Photography @ caryndrexl.com

Blogged with Flock

No comments: